POOL SAFETY TIPS
In the past five years 175 Australian children have drowned under the age of five and 50% occurred in our swimming pools. These are preventative so do your bit and make sure your pool is safe.
Around the Pool Fence
- Don’t leave climbable objects near pool fence. i.e. BBQ’s, Pot Plants, Chairs etc.
- Have you picked up all toys lying around and put them away securely?
- Keep all trees & shrubs trimmed so children can’t climb them.
- Keep children under the age of five within “arms” length.
- Remember Adult Supervision is the best method of preventing drowning.
- Are you aware of the dangers leaving older children to supervise younger children?
- Have an Adult supervisor around pool during parties.
- Have you got a guideline 7 CPR sign displayed prominently in pool area? (Refer to pool Safety Council Website for details. Link below.)
- Do you and your family have up to date resuscitation and first aid skills?
- Have you got a first aid kit handy in the house?
- Do you have RCD or RCCB on power supply? Remember water and power do not mix.
- Are Chemicals stored securely and out of site?
- Always add chemicals to water. Not the other way round.
- Do you read all safety warnings before use?
- Do you wear protective gloves/eye wear when handling pool chemicals?
- Don’t mix different chemicals in same container unless cleaned first.
Pumps/Grates and Suction
- Do all pool suction and plumbing areas have good condition grates or covers securely in place?
- Never prop open gates with anything. Think about the consequences?
- Teach your children to swim as early as possible.
- Make sure your pool has a Pool safety Certificate.
*For fencing safety tips you may like to download the Pre-Fence Check List.
Pool Safety Tips
Tips on pool safety and pool fence safety.
Things you can do around your swimming pool to help prevent drownings. Also check out Website.
Real Estate Tips
Tips on how the pool safety rules effect Real Estate Agents. The must know about pool safety compliance when it comes to selling/leasing.
Personal check list before pool inspection. (This can help towards passing your pool inspection first time and save money on re-inspections)